What you’ll need: tape measure, pencil and paper, and tape
MEASURE YOUR SPACE
- Measure doorway and elevator opening heights (A) and widths (B).
- Measure the clearance from the inside walls to the outside walls (C).
- Plan out the pathway to get the piece from outside into the desired room.
- Make note of hanging fixtures, other obstacles that may interfere with getting the piece into your home or building.
- Locate the product dimensions found on each product page, and make a note of the width (W), depth (D), and height (H).
- It may be worthwhile to measure the diagonal depth upon receiving the item, as it may fit through entryways on a diagonal (DD).
- Some sectionals and other items are delivered in more than one piece, and dining tables and full beds come unassembled.
Pieces won't fit inside; If the height or width of the item exceeds the height or width of the doorway or openings, If the length of the item exceeds the length of the clearance into the space.