We’re looking for a highly motivated, very organized and passionate Warehouse Associate to join the West of Main team! This position requires someone who has an extreme passion for organization and loves to effectively take standard operating procedures to the next level.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Receive all incoming shipments. This includes accepting packages, recording damaged shipments, refusing if needed, unpacking, verifying invoices against purchase orders, quality checking, allocating, and providing clear documentation for receiving inventory.
- Pull products for online orders, package them for shipping or pick-up. This also includes applying shipping documents to the package and providing them to couriers.
- Manage customer pick-up and provide exceptional service.
- Assist in preparing pick-ups for project load ins.
- Organize proper images and descriptions for product damage claims.
- Organize the warehouse product and shelving for maximum efficiency.
- Maintain a clean and tidy warehouse at all times. This includes sweeping, mopping, and organizing.
- Remove garbage daily. This sometimes includes using equipment such as a saw and axe to disassemble crates and pallets.
- Assemble, lift, and move products or boxes around the warehouse and in the showroom.
- Manage warehouse product inventory (boxes, packing tape, labels, etc.)
- Always be a team player and take initiative to do what it takes.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Work well independently and with others
- Reliable, dependable, and hard working.
- Good communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Comfortable with Mac system, research and data entry.
- Ability to critically think and assist in the overall success of our team.
- Enthusiastic, and passionate about organization.
- Takes initiative to learn about our products and services.
WHAT WE'D LIKE TO SEE:
- 1-2 years of experience in a related warehouse role
- Completion of Secondary School
- Must be able to lift more than 100lbs, stand for long periods of time and kneel comfortably.
This is a full-time position with typical hours of 9-5:30. We are looking for someone who is dedicated to doing what it takes to get the job done, which may require working outside of 9-
5:30. Some weekends may be required.
WHO WE ARE:
We are an Ottawa-based International award-winning Interior Design Firm and Furniture and Decor Shoppe. Co-founded by husband and wife, one part Canadian and one part Kiwi, West of Main was created with the love and passion for all things design and travel. Our exceptional team is made up of professional designers and decorators, business gurus, mentors, social media and content creators, photographers, and branding experts. Having just launched our online shoppe and showroom expansion we are excited for what the future holds for our team.
This position requires a team-player who can take on many roles and takes the initiative to get things done wherever needed. Our business is complex and takes our team in many different directions every day, so you will need to be very flexible and champion any challenges that come your way.
We’re excited to teach you more if you’re ready to expand your already proven knowledge. This is a
fabulous opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing industry
If you feel excited by this opportunity, and meet our requirements, we want to hear from you. Please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter letting us know why you want to work at West of Main
Thank you for your interest. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.