We are looking for a talented, hardworking, highly organized individual with a passion for interior design and furniture & decor. You will coordinate all the shipping requirements for our customer online orders from vendor and courier correspondence to final mile or white glove delivery.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Correspond with Vendors once shipments are ready and coordinate with our couriers for delivery.
- Correspond with local courier for local pickup and delivery.
- Request quotes for white glove delivery.
- E-commerce shipping support, and lead the set up and maintenance of shipping profiles.
- Creating and Maintaining Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and organized warehouse when needed.
- Consolidate data for reporting and analysis.
WHAT WE'D LIKE TO SEE:
- 3-5 years minimum work experience in a similar role
- College Diploma preferred
- An understanding of warehouse management
- Previous experience with shipping logistics, and shipping apps in Shopify is an asset
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Excellent attention to detail for data entry, time management and strong organization skills.
- Strong communication skills and experience consulting directly with vendors and couriers.
- The confidence and skills to communicate your ideas clearly and effectively.
- Positive energy and ability to be actively involved within the firm to promote our culture and engage positively with all staff.
- High motivation who works well independently and as a team player.
- A can-do attitude - who does whatever it takes to get the quality results our firm and clients expect.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain a high level of accuracy while doing multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of creating and analyzing spreadsheets.
- Ability to make timely decisions, anticipate issues and provide creative solutions.
- Results driven.
- Proficient in Google Suite, iMac, and the Shopify platform in particular is a bonus.
- Ability to lift boxes more than 50 lbs
This is a full-time position with typical hours of 9-5:30. We are looking for someone who is dedicated to doing what it takes to get the job done, which may require working outside of 9-5:30. Some weekends may be required.
WHO WE ARE:
We are an Ottawa-based International award-winning Interior Design Firm and Furniture and Decor Shoppe. Co-founded by husband and wife, one part Canadian and one part Kiwi, West of Main was created with the love and passion for all things design and travel. Our exceptional team is made up of professional designers and decorators, business gurus, mentors, social media and content creators, photographers, and branding experts. Having just launched our online shoppe and showroom expansion we are excited for what the future holds for our team.
This position requires a team-player who can take on many roles and takes the initiative to get things done wherever needed. Our business is complex and takes our team in many different directions every day, so you will need to be very flexible and champion any challenges that come your way.
We’re excited to teach you more if you’re ready to expand your already proven knowledge. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing industry
If you feel excited by this opportunity, and meet our requirements, we want to hear from you. Please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter letting us know why you want to work at West of Main
Thank you for your interest. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.