West of Main, Ottawa Ontario
We are looking for a detail-oriented, organized, dependable individual to join our team as a Receiving and Packaging Specialist. We are looking for someone energetic and active that can keep up with a fast pace work environment.
WHAT WE'D LIKE TO SEE
- 1-2 yrs previous warehouse or inventory experience
- Good communication, organization, time management, mathematical skills
- Dependable and Reliable
- Equipment maintenance, data entry, and computer skills
- Ability to lift and mobilize large items, up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs. while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, reach, crouch, or crawl
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist with receiving and unloading deliveries
- Quality checking all received merchandise for damage or defects
- Prepare orders for shipping and pick up, which includes; pulling product; packing boxes; placing orders in the delivery area, and assisting with load-ins
- Process and record all returns and damaged claims in a timely manner
- Maintains a well-organized inventory of warehouse, includes sorting, placing products on racks, shelves, or in bins according to organizational standards
- Track and document delivery and pick up schedule
- Operate adequate merchandise management tools (for example, forklift)
- Enter data in inventory and logistics software programs
- Prepare parcels and boxes for mailing and shipping
- This is a part-time position and we’re looking for around 20-30 hr/week, from Monday to Friday.
We’re excited to teach you more if you’re ready to expand your already proven knowledge.
If you have the required background and would like to join our growing team, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter letting us know why you want to work at West of Main
We thank you for your interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.