WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Attend, assist and manage photoshoots in conjunction with the project lead.
- Cooperate with stylists and designers to capture professional images.
- Work with the Social Media Coordinator to produce professional content.
- Assist with moving photography equipment and props
- Provide staging and styling at photoshoots
- Use skills to identify raw images that will be edited
- Editing, Manipulating, and Processing Images
- Capturing and Editing Video when needed
- Equipment maintenance as needed
WHAT WE’D LIKE TO SEE:
- Highly proficient in Adobe PhotoShop, Lightroom
- Knowledge of Photography and production equipment is an asset
- Video Editing skills are an asset
- Proficiency in google suite and MAC Operating Systems
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2+ yrs previous experience
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Very good understanding of colour and light
- Good communication, organization, time management
- Dependable and Reliable
- Understanding of current Social Media platforms
- Fast learner
- Must complete work in a timely manner
- Open to constructive criticism
- Experience working with designers or decorating an asset
- Have your own vehicle
- Represent WoM style and brand
Desktop and Software and Hardware provided
This is a full-time position with typical hours of 9-5:30. We are looking for someone who is dedicated to doing what it takes to get the job done, which may require working outside of 9-5:30. Some weekends may be required.
WHO WE ARE:
We are an Ottawa-based International award-winning Interior Design Firm and Furniture and Decor Shoppe. Co-founded by husband and wife, one part Canadian and one part Kiwi, West of Main was created with the love and passion for all things design and travel. Our exceptional team is made up of professional designers and decorators, business gurus, mentors, social media and content creators, photographers, and branding experts. Having just launched our online shoppe and showroom expansion we are excited for what the future holds for our team.
This position requires a team-player who can take on many roles and takes the initiative to get things done wherever needed. Our business is complex and takes our team in many different directions every day, so you will need to be very flexible and champion any challenges that come your way.
We’re excited to teach you more if you’re ready to expand your already proven knowledge. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing industry
If you feel excited by this opportunity, and meet our requirements, we want to hear from you. Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter letting us know why you want to work at West of Main
- Portfolio and Social Media Accounts
Thank you for your interest. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.