We’re looking for a highly motivated and passionate Interior Decor Consultant & Retail Lead to join the West of Main team!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Oversee and manage the West of Main Shoppe team, including managing the hiring, training, and supervising of the Shoppe employees.
- Lead and consult on Shoppe Decor Consultations and Furniture and Decor Projects.
- Maintain supplier relationships and establish new ones.
- Assist Co-Owner and Principal Designer with buying.
- Oversee inquiries via email, phone, and social media to ensure all customers are responded to in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to team members in a weekly 1 on 1 meeting.
- Provide critical feedback and training to ensure everyone is communicating and providing our customers with the same cohesive style.
- Manage all Shopify orders and oversee coordination with Customer Service and Shipping Logistics to provide exceptional and detail-oriented service.
- Communicate weekly with the Co-Owner and Principal Designer to provide updates, and always be willing to ask questions, learn, and offer constructive feedback.
- Collaborate and communicate with internal department leaders to resolve any issues or concerns and optimize the flow of orders all the way from draft to delivery.
- Implement creative strategies to ensure a positive attitude among the team.
- Manage all refunds, exchanges, and/or supplier credits.
- Manage the showrooms and ensure products are properly displayed and tagged.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Reliable, motivated, and a self-starter.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Illustrator, Mac OS.
- Knowledge of Shopify is an asset.
- Passionate about home decor.
- Service and solution-oriented mindset.
- Thorough and organized.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to take the initiative to learn about our products and services.
- Team player who enjoys working in a supportive environment.
- A flexible schedule, as some weekends, evenings may be required.
WHAT WE'D LIKE TO SEE:
- Previous leadership experience in this industry is strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of Furniture and Decor experience.
- Completion of college or other post-secondary programs is an asset.
This is a full-time position with typical hours of Tuesday-Saturday 10-6:30. We are looking for someone who is dedicated to doing what it takes to get the job done, which may require working outside of 10-6:30.
WHO WE ARE:
We are an Ottawa-based International award-winning Interior Design Firm and Furniture and Decor Shoppe. Co-founded by husband and wife, one part Canadian and one part Kiwi, West of Main was created with the love and passion for all things design and travel. Our exceptional team is made up of professional designers and decorators, business gurus, mentors, social media and content creators, photographers, and branding experts. Having just launched our online shoppe and showroom expansion we are excited for what the future holds for our team.
This position requires a team-player who can take on many roles and takes the initiative to get things done wherever needed. Our business is complex and takes our team in many different directions every day, so you will need to be very flexible and champion any challenges that come your way.
We’re excited to teach you more if you’re ready to expand your already proven knowledge. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing industry
If you feel excited by this opportunity, and meet our requirements, we want to hear from you. Please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter letting us know why you want to work at West of Main
Thank you for your interest. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.